Monday, July 2, 2012

Italian Bruschetta

I was watching a European travel show the other day....one of my guilty pleasures. Dan and I like to find travel inspiration for our future romp through Italy (2 months to go)! This recipe was by a chef in a little Italian hill town. He made his Bruschetta in a stone fire oven, using fresh bread, tomatos, garlic, olive oil and salt. It's that simple. I thought, "hmmm this seems super easy and wonderful; I'll give it a whirl." Dan and I are nuts for this bruschetta. It's SO flavorful and clean tasting. I think I ate 4 yesterday! It will make your whole house smell like Italy.



Here's how ya do it.

1 Loaf of bread (preferably a wide Italian loaf of bread)
1 clove of garlic
1 firm organic tomato (thinly sliced)
Sea salt or flaked salt
Olive oil


Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

-Cut your bread into 1 inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until your bread is hard to the touch
-Cut your garlic clove in half and rub the garlic on the bread
-Place the tomato’s on top of the bread
-Drizzle liberally with olive oil
-Sprinkle with salt