Saturday, May 26, 2012

Small Haul and Review: MAC & Etude House


MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER PLUS FOUNDATION IN NC25

From MAC website:

“A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and a long time favourite of M∙A∙C fans.”


My mother has this powder and I borrowed it several times. Finally she bought me one when she was in Malaysia. Thanks mamie! In my opinion, this is the best powder foundation I have ever used so far.

This product is easy to carry around, has a great color range to choose from, gives you a nice flawless matte finish, long lasting, and buildable coverage. When used with a light hand, this product does an amazing job. However, if you piled on this powder it leaves you a heavy and unnatural powdery look. My tips: spray some MAC Fix+, Evian Face Spray, or something after you have this on your face. It will look much more natural.

I use it with the sponge that comes inside the packaging but for people with oily skin like me, I recommend to change the sponge frequently because it absorbs the oil in your skin and accumulates bacteria from time to time.

So far this product doesn’t give me a break out and I will continue to use it.

Price: RM 105

MAC MINERALIZE BLUSH IN ‘DAINTY’

From MAC website:

“Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.”

With flash

No flash
On the website it is describes as ‘light yellow pink with gold pearl’ to me this looks like a summery peachy pink with gold sparkle. The weird thing is If you swatch it on your hand, it looks super sparkly but on your face you cannot even see the sparkles. It just gives you a lovely healthy glow.

These Mineralize blushers are rather fragile, so don't throw away the plastic covering that comes with this blush. It helps to keep the powder from breaking from the pan. Especially if you like to carry this product around in your bag.

Texture wise this blush is goes on smoothly on your skin, buildable coverage, good pigmentation, and lovely color. I think ‘dainty’ is universally flattering color that works for a lot of different skin tone. I read some review online and most people said that this is the exact dupe for NARS ‘Deep Throat’ and very close to NARS ‘Orgasm’ just a tad pinkier.

However, I have a problem with the longevity, this blush is not long lasting on my face, I have to add more after like 3-4 hours. I wish it would last longer. Can someone please give me some tips on how to make this blush stays on longer? I will be forever thankful.

Price: RM 95

ETUDE HOUSE DEAR DARLING ROLL ON LIPGLOSS

No flash

With flash
First, I don’t know what color I have, it just not written in packaging (or I think it is written but I can’t even read it because it is Korean). Second, when I bought it, I did not realize that this was a roll on lipgloss.

Yes, the applicator rolling around when you use it on your lips and I don’t like it. It just doesn’t distribute the color evenly. I just wish it has a normal doe-foot applicator.

Color wise, this particular one I have is a lovely pink with no shimmer. This product gives a nice sheer pink sheen when applied on the lips. Texture wise this lipgloss is lighter and more watery that any other lipgloss I have. Packaging is pretty and the product itself smells yummy. I just hate the applicator. I will not buy it again. It just too much work trying to even out this lipgloss with such an applicator.  

Price: sorry I forget it.

I hope my review helpful :) don't hesitate to ask, leave a comment below.