Saturday, March 24, 2012

Collective Haul and Review: Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Caring Colours, Revlon, Maybelline

Hi vixen, long time no see, I've been really busy with work, finally I got my first real job! yay! So let's just jump to the review, shall we?

Victoria’s Secret Sexy Little Things Eau de Parfum
My boyfriend gave this to me as my second birthday gift, he’s so sweet right?  It has holographic pictures of Alessandra Ambrossio on the box. The bottle itself is adorable, perfect display on my vanity.

Top notes: osmanthus, apple, water lily
Middle notes: honeysuckle, jasmine, lotus
Base notes: iris, musk, cashmere woods


When I spray it, I can definitely smell the apple, after a while it develops to a more musky scent. I would describe Sexy Little Things as a fun, young, light fruity scent, perfect for spring and summer. Somehow I recall a resemblance between Sexy Little Things with Paris Hilton EDP and Ralph Lauren ‘Ralph’. So if you have one of those probably you don’t want to buy the others because they are quite similar.
Sillage is decent, longevity is ok, not suddenly disappears after five minutes, but not stays all day either. I say it lingers on me for about 2-3 hours, Overall I really enjoy this fragrance. 


Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Strawberry Shortcake
Revlon lip butter is insanely popular in my country. I notice a lot of Indonesian beauty bloggers are in love with this product too. So to feed my lip butter craving, I got another color called ‘strawberry shortcake’, a sheer barbie pink that looks really girly on the tube. However on my yellow undertone skin (NC25) it doesn’t look right, it washes me out. But I love the formula of Revlon lip butter, so in the future, I will definitely try some other colors.

No flash
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color and Care in ‘Strawberry’
I bought this because at that time I forgot to bring my makeup bag, my lips were pale and dry so I bought this lippy. I must tell you that the pigmentation of this product is amazing! ‘strawberry’ is a lovely medium pink color, I think it suits me. Oh and did I tell you it smells yummy?

Revlon Colorstay Soft and Smooth in ‘Pink Indulgence’
It supposed to be my mom’s but I took it from her (sorry mom, it just so pretty, you too can take any makeup from my drawer). ‘Pink Indulgence’ is a pink lipstick with a slight purple undertone in it, gorgeous! Another plus is the scent, usually Revlon lipstick has a weird plastic smell, but this one has a sheer vanilla scent which I really like.

With Flash

Caring Colours Blemless Balm Cream Everlast
If you don’t like wearing foundation on daily basis then BB cream is the perfect choice for you. It covers imperfections and at the same time takes care of your skin. The Everlast from Caring Colours is containing hazel as astringent to conceal the appearance of big pores, plus cinnamon extract which function as oil sebum regulator, suitable for oily skin. The texture itself is light and creamy. Do not afraid with the color, it is going to match every skin tone, it blends into your skin easily.  


Caring Colours Blemless Balm Cream Fair White
From the name, ‘Fair White’ supposes to whiten your complexion, I notice when I put it on, my skin becoming brighter and fresher. Texture wise, it is drier and thicker than the Everlast. Price for both products are affordable. Overall I really do enjoy using both of the Caring Colurs Blemless Balm Creams. 

Bath and Body Works ‘Warm Vanilla Sugar’ Body Lotion
Because my ‘Warm Vanilla Sugar’ body spray doesn’t last really long, I bought the matching lotion for layering purpose. I believe I have the old packaging, the new one doesn’t look like this. But nonetheless this lotion smells really good! You have to try it by yourself. The texture is quite creamy but absorb really well. Not oily and leaves your skin silky smooth.


Victoria’s Secret ‘Sheer Love’ Ultra-Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream
Again, I purchased this for layering purpose, my ‘Sheer Love’ body spray doesn’t really linger on me. Texture wise this cream is quite thick and creamy, but like the ‘Warm Vanilla Sugar’ it absorbs really well and not oily.

PS: English is my second language. Don’t hesitate to correct my grammar, I am willing to learn. Tell me on the comment below, email me, or tweet me @melisaberry